Wednesday, December 26, 2007

a Christmas tree of sorts

Happy last wednesday of the year! This Christmas marked the first time in over a decade (can I really be that old??) that I've carved a stamp for someone as a Christmas gift. I even decorated a little box for it, stamping the image, a tree, on the top and embossing it. It came out pretty nifty if I do say so myself. I'd post a picture of it, but I'm suffering from post-Christmas lethargy and am unable to rise from the sofa.

I'm trying to get inspired to carve something to place in a letterbox, which I'm determined to hide in the next week or so. There aren't enough in this area and I'm itching to plant my first one. I figure if I carve one specifically for a box, rather than hiding one that I've had for a long time, I won't be as sad if it goes missing. Goofy logic, but it works for me.

Alrighty, back to my lethargic afternoon. *yawn*

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.