Friday, July 11, 2008

shame on me!

Wow, I've been dreadfully neglectful of this poor little blog. I see that I last wrote in March about the paint job from hell I was doing for one of my dog training clients. (hello, run-on sentence!) Well, that situation turned into a giant nightmare. As the weeks dragged on, it became more and more obvious to me that the client has a prescription drug addiction. She is so zonked most of the time that she can't remember any instructions she's given (by me) regarding her dog. Consequently, she failed miserably at it, and pestered me DAILY. Really. She called at least once a day, slurring and rambling about what was going wrong. I visited her every week for two months, painting that Godforsaken furniture and training the dog. The dog always responded beautifully for me. Then I'd leave, the client would disregard everything I taught her, and all hell would break loose. Long story short, she wound up returning the dog to the shelter and trying to get me to refund the training fee. Riiiiiight. After ten revisits and fielding daily phone calls, there is no way in hell a refund is warranted. Not only that, but clients sign a contract acknowledging that the guarantee we offer is NOT a money-back guarantee. It's a guarantee that we'll continue to visit and train the dog as many times as is necessary to get the desired results. And I MORE than held up my end of the bargain. Unsurprisingly, she never paid me for the painting project. It came out great, by the way. *sigh*

SO....lately I've been carving a lot of stamps, and have actually sold a few on Etsy! Hopefully I'll be successful in that endeavor. I've been painting a lot too, and have sold a few paintings as well. That makes me happy.

I turned 38 a couple days ago, happy birthday to meeee! And to OJ Simpson and Courtney Love. I'm so lucky to share a birthday with such admirable characters. I had a lovely birthday, which is being dragged out as long as possible. We're going to dinner with my ex-inlaws (long, weird story there) tonight, and having a party at the end of the month for me and two other friends whose birthdays are in early August. So, yeah, I've managed to expand my birthday into a birthmonth. Not too shabby.

Um...what else? I shouldn't overload this entry. I plan to start updating regularly now, so I'll save some stuff for later, mmkay?
Over and out.

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.