Saturday, July 26, 2008

where are the maids when I need them?


...oh yeah, that's right, we can't afford maids. Dammit. Party tonight, so the house needs some serious cleaning. I finally finished the stamp (see image above) I was carving as a trade for the lovely banner in my Etsy shop. I feel bad that it took so long. I was waiting for mounting blocks to be shipped, and then wound up re-carving the stamp because I didn't like how it came out the first time. I don't like sending out anything I'm not happy with. I'm sort of cursing myself for putting that particular stamp in my shop now, it was hard to carve!! As I was working on it, I was thinking "How the hell did I do this the first time??". The sad thing is, I carved it about 12 years ago when I worked as an operator for the phone company. And, get this, I carved it WHILE I was working. As in, taking call after call after call (about 1700 a day), typing on a keyboard, and picking up the stamp and getting a few cuts in while each customer was talking. NOW, sitting there at the table doing nothing BUT the carving, I had a hard time with it. Oh, to be in my twenties again. Shit, I sound like an old person. But I can't be old, because I used foul language just then. Did you notice? I said "shit". If were truly old I'd have said "darn" or "fudge". Whew. As long as I still swear, I must be young.
Fuck yeah!!
Time to go do my chores.

1 comment:

frips said...

your stamps are lovely!!!!

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.