Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the best medicine



In an effort to distract myself from this apparently incurable scourge (yep, still sick), I spent the day carving. The "sacred eyeball" stamp is just a design I doodle sometimes. The logo stamp was a custom request from an Etsy member. I'm kind of pleased with how it/they came out. I notice that when I'm working on a carving, I temporarily forget that I'm sick. Not a bad deal.

On the dog training front, I had a weird revisit yesterday. It's funny, all day I was hoping the client would cancel because I was feeling so bad. There was NO WAY I was going to cancel on her because I'd had to last week thanks to this same stupid bronchitis. So I dragged myself out of the house and made my way over there. When she opened the door, the look on her face was priceless. It went from confusion, to realization, to utter horror in the space of about 15 seconds. Then she clapped her hand over her eyes and said "Oh. My. GOD. I'm SO sorry! I totally forgot you were coming, I am SO sick!!!". I just started laughing. There was nothing else I could do. My head was too stuffed up and throbby to elicit any other emotion, and I told her it was no problem, I totally understood. Cause I do!!!

She was actually leaving just then to go to the doctor, she seems to have the same thing I do. I wound up staying and working with her dogs, she trusted me to lock up the house when I was finished. It turned out to be a good thing I went because two things happened; 1.) her dogs walked perfectly for me, making me sure they're capable of being trained and are just pulling one over on her and 2.) one of her neighbors actually called me because she saw my car there (it's all decked out with my company logo) and wanted to meet me. I went to her house and have probably landed another boot camp gig, so it was good that I got out of the house.

Okay, time to go out and ship off some orders!!

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.