Tuesday, August 19, 2008

everything's coming up roses


Just finished carving one of my favorite stamps to fill an order. It's funny - I've been carving stamps for over 12 years, but only recently thought to sell them. Something I noticed is that now when I'm re-carving a stamp, my mind wanders back to whatever was going on in my life when I carved the original. It's like my hands remember things.

I have been SICK the past few days. Felt a sore throat coming on sometime Thursday evening, and by that night I was miserable. By Friday I was totally laid out, couldn't do anything but lie around that day and Saturday. Sunday was a bit better but still not great, and I had a couple dog training revisits to do. That sort of set me back, because yesterday I was feeling weak again. Today I still don't feel all that great, and I have another revisit this evening. *sigh* I hardly ever get sick, this was the first time in quite a while. I think it was bronchitis, because it felt like someone was sitting on my chest. Bleh! I'm glad I'm not one of those people who catch everything that's going around, because I hate this!!!

Okay, back to carving....

4 comments:

earth and sun folk said...

hope you're feeling better soon! my oldest daughter has been feeling the same as you...and school starts in 2 days!
~happy,fuzzy,get better vibes to all~

sugarskull said...

Thanks for the vibes! :) I'm slowly getting better. *sneeze*

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Get well soon. I just stumbled upon your shop on Etsy-great stamps. I'll be back...

sugarskull said...

Thank you! :) Welcome back anytime!

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.