Thursday, August 7, 2008

I can see clearly now...


Welp, I did it! The Lasik went perfectly, and was actually sort of fun. I even got to watch the guy before me have his done - they have a monitor outside the operating room and you can watch the whole thing. Realllly weird, but cool! The procedure itself was quick, about 20 minutes, with very little discomfort. They warned me that my eyes would be pretty irritated the rest of the night - burning and itching, but it wasn't bad at all. They felt a little dry and gritty, but that was about it. I had a couple glasses of wine and went to bed. In the morning, I woke up thinking I'd falled asleep with my contacts in. My eyes felt really dry, like they used to if I accidently slept with my contacts in. And I could see the clock across the room....and then I realized "Holy crap, I can see the clock across the room and it's NOT because I fell asleep with my contacts in!!!!!". My post-op visit that morning showed my vision to be better than 20/20, somewhere between 20/18 and 20/15. And it could still improve from there. I am SO happy that I did this!! It's amazing not having to get up and shove contacts in my eyes every morning. It's amazing not having to stick my finger in one of my eyes and adjust my contact (they were always sliding around when I blinked, or getting stuck to one part of my eyeball..lovely). It's....it's just amazing!

3 comments:

Liebling said...

I so envy you. I have to do the Lasik thing. My contacts keep giving me an eye infection and I have to wear my dorky glasses for like a month. So so envious! And happy for you too :)

Jess
www.lieblingartcrafts.wordpress.com

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Congratulations on your new found perfect vision! I think if I would have watched someone else get it done, though, I would have ran. LOL!

sugarskull said...

It's really cool to watch, actually! Not gross at all, I was surprised!

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.