Wednesday, August 13, 2008

let it fall


It's cool and foggy outside today. This summer has been, for the most part, a lot cooler than last summer was. This is a good thing since we don't have air conditioning - last summer was AWFUL! I used to get really sad around mid-August, sorry to see summer go, not looking forward to the colder months ahead. Now I find myself looking forward to Fall. To the warm, crazy winds. To burning incense and having a fire in the fireplace. To big harvest moons, Halloween and Dia De Los Muertos.

Since today feels a bit like fall, I carved a couple of oak leaves in anticipation of the turning season.

And yes, I do realize that because I wrote this, the weather will promptly slide into a heatwave of gargantuan proportions.

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.