Saturday, September 20, 2008

not so swell


Well, I'm happy to report that I'm not nearly as grotesque today as I expected to be. Yay!! Not much swelling at all, just the impression that I'm VERY heavy-handed in my lipstick application. That's the thing about getting your lips tattooed - the color always looks REALLY dark at first, but more than half of it disappears when they heal. So you go around looking like a freakish tart for a few days, only to wind up with relatively lightly stained lips to show for it. *sigh*

I carved a new stamp yesterday (pictured here). It's actually part of a drawing I did for a return address stamp. I liked the swallow so much that I carved it by itself. I'll probably still do the return address stamp - the same swallow carrying a scrolled banner with the address on it.

We have FIVE dogs in the house right now. Three are ours, two belong to dog training clients, we're boarding them for a few days. Five dogs. I'm tired. Sadly, the dogs belonging to my clients are far better behaved than OUR dogs. At least I know my training skills work when it matters - when people are paying for it!

2 comments:

Kylie B said...

Wow 5 dogs!

Beautiful Stamp BTW!

sugarskull said...

Oh, thank you Kylie! :)

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.