Sunday, October 26, 2008

it's my party and I'll barf if I want to


Okay, I didn't barf, Jim did. I must be getting old because the whole party thing just annoys me lately. I spent two days cleaning the house, Jim spent two days Halloween-ing it out (which is the only reason he likes having Halloween parties anyway - he loves the creepy decorating part of it)........just to spend a few hours drinking with friends and messing the house back up again. Before we went to bed, I could tell Jim was going to get sick. He doesn't do it often at all, but I can tell when he's reached the point of no return. He gets kind of stagger-ey...just seems drunk. We're generally pretty moderate in our drinking these days - we're wine drinkers, so we usually have a glass in the evenings, and we like a cocktail here and there on the weekends, but we don't tend to really get drunk. I was mad. I have a totally irrational vomit phobia (I'm famous for this amongst those who know me well) so there was NO WAY I was going to sleep in the same room as him. I went to sleep in my daughter's room (she was at her dad's house..yes, I'm on my second marriage) with earplugs in. Good thing, because as predicted, he barfed. Dumbass.
Anyway, the party was a good one but I'm tired of parties. I love having a few friends over, maybe making dinner or having some wine and hanging out, but I think the big party era is drawing to a close. *sigh* I'm officially old.
But here's a picture of my costume!

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.