Friday, October 31, 2008

the scream


I live next door to the world's most obnoxious children. And I say this as the parent of a formerly obnoxious (but not nearly as much as these) child, so I know what I'm talking about! If they only did this one time, I wouldn't be complaining, but it's a near-daily event. They climb up on top of the little playhouse thing in their yard and they scream. I don't mean they yell things, loudly, or scream joyful laughter. I mean that they emit bloody-murder-someone's-being-slaughtered screams at regular intervals. Like..two second intervals. As in "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!". And they do it for a LONG time. Now, tell me, HOW IS THAT FUN??????? It's got to hurt. I sit there wishing they'll blow a vocal chord, but they apparently have chords of steel. They also seem to sense when I'm trying to take a nap, and they scream then, too.
Please make them stop.
Here's one of the stamps I carved today.

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.