Wednesday, November 19, 2008

cramped!


Today I finally carved the last stamp of a 14-stamp order. Whew! I don't know if I'll ever be able to straighten my fingers all the way out again. I'm really grateful for the large order, but I was NOT expecting anyone to order that many at once! I never stopped to think about how long it'd take to get something like that finished. Normally, people order a stamp or two, and I'm able to carve them the same day, or within a day or two of the order. If there are a few orders ahead of them, it might take a couple more days, nothing major. But 14 stamps?? Still, I'm not complaining, bring it on!

Tomorrow I've got to go out and do some marketing for my dog training business, I've been putting it off too long. Marketing for a dog training business consists mainly of establishing relationships with the veterinarians in your territory. The better they like you, the more likely they are to refer to you. I used to be more diligent, stopping in to all my vets once a month, bringing them snacks, making sure my brochure stands were full. The past few months, business has been bad and I've been discouraged. That made me drag my feet about getting out and doing vet visits (which I realize is counterintuitive). The Etsy shop was keeping me fairly busy, so I kept making excuses to not get out and do my visits. It's time, though. Hilariously, business is much better this month. Hopefully getting myself out there will make it even better.
Alrighty, time to make dinner. If I can get my hands to work. Ouch.

2 comments:

smilemonsters said...

Congrats on that big order. Are your hands starting to straighten out yet?! That's a lot of stamps.

Jo :)

sugarskull said...

hands are still a little sore :)

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.