Saturday, November 22, 2008

once bitten


Feeling a little defeated today. For some reason sales have ground to a halt in the shop again. I expected things to start ramping up as the holidays began to draw near, I'm not sure what's going on.
We're having a LOT of trouble with our newest dog again. Things had improved greatly and it had been a couple weeks since any fights had broken out. Then suddenly in the past three days, things have gone downhill. She and our male corgi, Dewey, keep getting into fights. One of the worst ones (which I had to break up, as always..they won't stop on their own) ended up with me getting a sizeable bite on my right thigh. Niiiiiice. It happened as I grabbed Lucy and picked her up, out of the fight. Dewey made one last lunge at her and got me instead. *sigh*
Then we've got some family drama that just doesn't seem to want to go away. All of this makes it hard for me to focus my energy on my work - at a time when I really need to be creating and promoting. Alrighty - time to get out of this funk. Going to take my daughter out to get a case for her phone, then hit Joanne (the store, not some unsuspecting woman) for some art supplies. Then it's back home to get some serious work done!

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.