Saturday, December 13, 2008

going dental


For the longest time, I was one of those every-six-months dental patients. A very very good girl. At least as far as my dental hygene was concerned. Then, somehow, I managed to let four years go by without going in for a cleaning! How did this happen??? So yesterday I finally went in and Jaysus, it was brutal. No cavities or anything like that (only had one in my life), but the cleaning was brutal!!!! I don't know about your dentist, but my dentist has this ultrasonic pick thingy...have you seen these things? Remember back when a cleaning just involved them having at you with a pick/scraper thing, and then polishing your teeth? NOW they've still got the pick thing, but it vibrates and sprays water as it scrapes. This is like having a jackhammer and a firehose in your mouth all at once. *shudder* I can't even talk about it any more. But my teeth are so clean you could eat off of them! I will NOT be letting that much time go by between visits again.

Thanks to our two female corgis getting into a fight today, our male corgi is currently at the vet having his ear sewn up. This should cost a small fortune that we don't possess. Awesome. Why couldn't he just have stayed out of it???

Meanwhile, posted a new stamp to the shop today.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hate going to the dentist(who doesn`t) But putting it off means alot of visits later on. I really need to make an appointment at the moment , But I keep making up excuses.
Very entertaining blog.

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.