Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I always knew Barbie would go astray


One of the many things I love about being part of the Etsy community is trades! It's a lot of fun when someone whose work I really like also happens to like mine and offers a trade. Right now, GothBarbie and I are working out a trade. I'm sort of in love with this iron cross scarf. Check out her shop, she's got some really cool items in there!!

She also wrote a really nice blog entry featuring some of my work, so have a look right here to see that post.

This morning, despite massive money issues, I'm once again grateful to have been laid off by the phone company two years ago. Being able to do dog training, and to have my Etsy shop..there are just no words to describe how much more fulfilling those things are compared with being a tiny (and evidently disposable) cog in a huge wheel.
Also, it's windy, rainy and cold outside and I don't have to slog through the wetness in work clothing. All I have to do is throw on some sweats, drop my daughter off at school, and go to the gym. If we manage to survive financially, it'll be a sweet life!

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.