Tuesday, December 30, 2008

when one door closes


I've been carving a lot of rustic looking objects lately. I'm not sure why, there's just something really appealing to me about things that look a little dilapidated and wonky. I spent all of today carving and drawing - mostly to fill orders, but this door was just for fun.
The new year is just days away (I'll be seeing it in with Toad the Wet Sprocket as a fan and staff member, an excellent way to begin a new year!!) and I hope to build my Etsy hobby into more of an actual business. That means promoting more, getting a tax ID and paying taxes, and continuing to create items that people want.
I'd love to hear from those of you reading this. If you could wave a magic wand and have a stamp appear just for you, what would that stamp be of? (And yes, I realize if you really had a working magic wand, a rubber stamp is probably low on your list of things you'd make appear, but go with it...)
Feel free to chime in!!

2 comments:

JJ said...

I am a big fan of pin-ups (Vargas style) and classic cars (Mustangs are my favorite). I would love to see stamps like those:-)

sugarskull said...

Oooh, good suggestions! :)

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.