Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Post of 2009

Happy New Year! It feels like it's going to be a good one. New Year's Eve was amazing - I think it goes down as one of the best nights of my life. I've mentioned them here and there, but I don't think I've ever just stated the obvious: Toad the Wet Sprocket is my favorite band. Without getting all creepy-fanatic, their music grabbed me the first time I heard it, and has never let me go. I've been a fan for years. And without going into the long story, I'll just say I've been lucky enough to become a friend of theirs over the years. They are all absolutely lovely people and it's a great privilege to know them. So, New Year's Eve found me onstage with them at midnight, popping champagne and filling their glasses. My husband and some of my best friends were there too, and I can't think of a better way to have started the year. The only thing that would have made it cooler is if my daughter had been there too, but she wasn't up for a loud show and chose to stay home with her dad (we're divorced) and stepsisters. All in all, a perfect night and a harbinger, I think, of the good year to come.


Is it just me, or does everyone get as excited as I do when they get a package in the mail? I had trades going with two really cool Etsy artists, GothBarbie and LeMalDesigns and they both arrived yesterday!

From GothBarbie, I got this gorgeous scarf:


From LeMal, I got three really cool bottlecap pendants, my favorite of which is this octopus pendant:


When I showed my husband the octopus pendant, he said it reminded him of one of my drawings and that it would make a cool stamp. So I perused my sketchbook, found it, and turned it into one!


So, thanks for the inspiration, LeMalDesigns, as well as the awesome trade! And GothBarbie, the scarf is perfect and is going out with me to a trendy LA bar next weekend!
Check out their shops, they've both got excellent stuff!!! Here's to a happy, healthy, successful new year for all of us.

2 comments:

kim* said...

toad is great!

sugarskull said...

I never get tired of listening to them! :)

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.