Tuesday, July 7, 2009

bite me

Something decided to crawl into bed with us last night and have a feast. On just ME. Jim somehow remained unscathed. I woke up at about 4 in the morning, really itchy, and found bites on my calves, belly....and inner thighs! WTF?? I actually got out a flashlight and looked under the sheets to see if there was a bug crawling around. *shudder* I never found anything, but I did remember that it's time to put the dogs' Advantix on, so I suspect it was a flea. If there's a flea around, for some reason, it'll find me. It's weird.
I had to call the police two nights ago because our next-door neighbor's dog was barking NONSTOP. This has been an ongoing problem for about a year, really. It sucks - they won't let the dog in the house, he just lives in the back yard. No one pays any attention to him and he barks day and night. And he's a large dog with a VERY large bark. It's more like a baying/howling sound and it's awful. We've gone over there probably three different times to ask them to please let him in at night, at least. I think the third visit (last winter after listening to the poor dog cry in the rain all night) resulted in them letting him in the garage at night and things were quiet for a while. I guess they got tired of that, though, and lately he's been out barking again.
We don't have air conditioning, so in the summer our windows are always open. This means that the dog basically howls into our bedroom window all night long. All kinds of awesome. Sunday night was particularly bad though. By about 2am I couldn't stand it anymore. His timing was such that whenever I started drifting off to sleep he'd let out an abrupt howl-bark, scaring the sh*t out of me. I was pissed. So I finally called the non-emergency police number and asked if they handle noise complaints. They sent a deputy out. She of course told me there's nothing she could really do as far as citing them, but she would go knock on the door and tell them they need to quiet the dog down. It's really Animal Control's jurisdiction, and I knew that, but I figured having the police wake them up (because by some miracle they are able to sleep through the racket every night) at 2am might get the point across. I guess it did because we haven't heard a peep out of him at night since then.
I don't understand why they even have the dog. No one pays any attention to him, it's like he's a lawn ornament. I feel really sorry for him and wish they'd give him to someone who wants him. He's a sweet dog, he's just lonely and miserable. Unfortunately, his misery is driving us insane and I will be calling Animal Control if the nighttime silence comes to an end.
In other events....eh, nothing else is really happening. I'm carving, carving, carving all day long. I had to put the shop on vacation mode just so that I can catch up. A good position to be in, for sure, but very exhausting.
I leave you with a picture of me and my younger sister. I'm the brunette. Hahahah.

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.