Friday, September 25, 2009

and it's not even that time of the month


I have what looks suspiciously like a tampon shoved up my nose right now. *sigh* Last night the splint on my nose came off, the adhesive just wasn't holding. I noticed that my nose looked crooked again, so I called the doctor first thing this morning. They had me come in and yep, the bones had moved back to the broken position. Awesome. So he had to reset it again - same process as on Monday, only with an added treat today; packing!! In order to prevent the bones from shifting again, the doctor had to pack my left nostril. Packing entails shoving what appears to be a miniature (and not really THAT miniature) tampon waaaaaay up your nose. Like, further up than you thought possible. Sounds painful, huh? Well guess what? IT IS!
So now my nose looks really fat due to the packing, there are strings protruding from it (to keep the mini-tampon from slipping down the back of my throat) that are taped to my nose. Talk about adding insult to injury. I'm not fit to be seen in public. The doctor actually apologized to me, saying "This is what I was hoping I wouldn't have to do to you...". I get to endure this indignity until Tuesday morning. He warned me that I might wind up needing surgery anyway, after everything is healed. It just might not go back into place without it.
I'm so bummed out today. I'm in pain, I look disgusting - I'm supposed to be helping out in the beer booth at an Oktoberfest this Sunday, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'd frighten away the customers.
I actually made the stamps for the beer booth - the ones they'll stamp peoples' hands with when they buy their beer tickets. I was really excited about getting to see my stamps in use - they're really cool, little beer steins with the initials of the organization running the Oktoberfest. They bought six of them from me! :)
Alrighty, time to get back to wallowing in self-pity and painkillers.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh Kim, how awful for you. And surgery? that would be the icing on the cake.
I feel for ya!

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.