Wednesday, September 30, 2009

there goes my modeling career


Hahahah!! (I'm laughing at the title) As if!! Ugh. I'm not a particularly good-looking girl, I don't harbor any illusions about that, but I'm really not digging this whole broken nose thing. Here's how I look today. It's straighter than it was, for sure, and the bruising is clearing up...but, eh. I don't know. It still doesn't look right. I know I have to wait for the swelling to go away and for things to fully heal, but right now I'm worried that I'll always look like this and I don't like it. Even if surgery is what it will take to make it right, that can't happen for at least six months, maybe a year. The bones have to fully heal in order to be broken the "right" way and reformed. So....however this heals, I'm stuck with it for a while. No cameras, please.
OH - I do have to say, if you ever want to experience true bliss, let a doctor pack your nose, leave it that way for four days (this isn't the bliss part) during which you'll discover there are nerves inside your nose that, when pressed, make it feel as though a needle is scratching the back of your eyeball, inside your ear, and inside of some of your teeth (still not the bliss part). Then......let him remove it. Now, the removal itself is shockingly uncomfortable (the doctor actually told his nurse that if I'd been a man he'd have had me lie down first, because men tend to drop like flies during the removal of packing, ha!), the sudden absence of the pain, combined with the novelty of being able to breath through one's nose again...pure bliss. So yeah, that's one good thing, I guess.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Congrats on being able to breathe again! :)

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.