Saturday, October 3, 2009

brushing up


Well, yesterday after carving a bunch of stamps I realized I was out of shipping envelopes. I have an order in for more, but they haven't arrived yet. I decided to work on a painting I'd started a few months ago and haven't had time to get back to since. It was nice to paint again. Sometimes it's good to take a break from one medium and go back to another. This one's fun - I'm obviously not shooting for realism here. It's almost finished. I'm going to paint the sides (it's on a wood panel) the same checkerboard pattern as on the owl's belly. Then I need to decide whether or not to sell it.
Tonight we're going to party/breast cancer fundraiser. Should be a good time. It's being hosted by a woman I used to work with, so I'll see a lot of my former Verizon coworkers. That's always weird because my life is so different now than it was when I still worked there. Seventeen years in various corporate cubicle drone positions...ugh. If I had to it again I think I'd implode.
I may be poor now, but I'm a lot happier.

1 comment:

Kim said...

And there you have it - life is too short to waste being stuck in a crappy job, or life, or whatever.
Your artwork is amazing, keep it up!

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.