Tuesday, December 29, 2009

and may I just mention..

Yay!! My shop was mentioned in the blog today at CraftGossip.com! Here's the link to the blog, but check out the site too, it's really cool: http://stamping.craftgossip.com/2009/12/29/shop-sugar-skulls-hand-carved-stamps/! So, that was a nice way to start the day. :)

Pictured above is a mixed-media painting I finished yesterday. I carved the stamp that created the paper doll parts, the rest is painted with acrylics and collaged with a few choice passages from some religious texts (read; propoganda) that were pressed on me by a well-meaning family member. I'm not a religious person, but I do consider myself spiritual and I have a strong set of beliefs. Since I wasn't swayed by booklets claiming to be the one true faith (don't all faiths seem to think they're the only true faith?), I decided to make good use of the paper. Recycle, reuse, reduce. And have a nice day. :)

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.