Saturday, May 22, 2010

snakes and snails....er, I mean scorpions...

Last weekend was busy and discombobulating. We spent Friday through Sunday at Jim's parents' house in Coarsegold, helping out. Jim did chores that his dad needs help with, I spent time with his mom. I also managed to get ten stamps carved somehow, which made me feel less panicky about being "off" work. I couldn't ship them, but at least there were done and I could ship them as soon as I got home.
On our first night there, we were greeted by a scorpion on the guest bedroom wall.


On Sunday there was a beautiful California kingsnake in the yard! I love those and it was a treat to see.



When we got home we discovered two of last week's problems were still in existence. The plumbing backed up again, and Lucy (the dog with the thousand dollar tummyache) has worms. I wasted much of Monday waiting for the plumber to show up, since the work has a 90 day warranty. He said he'd be here between 9 and 10. He arrived at 1:30. *sigh*
Got deworming medicine for Lucy, so she should be okay. I can't believe that a thousand dollars worth of diagnostic work didn't cover testing for parasites. In a dog who eats all kinds of disgusting stuff and was having stomach problems.
On Monday a little goldfinch crashed into my bedroom window. I looked outside after hearing the thud just in time to see him hit the ground. I ran out there before Lucy could snap him up and found that he was only stunned. I put him in a little metal tub on the side yard til he came around. Poor little guy. It gave me a great photo opportunity though.


We're dog sitting again, so we have a total of six dogs in the house. I'm not sure, but I think these two dogs might overlap a couple days with two more dogs we're watching next week. So...at some point we will have eight dogs in the house. That'll be delightful.
Oh, last night I carved a new stamp. It was nice to finally add something new to the shop. Not much time for that these days.

Okay, it's Saturday and I have a ton of work to do. Time to get up!!

1 comment:

tell me little bird... said...

What a beautiful little bird! Love his color!

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.