Monday, January 10, 2011

gaining momentum

Wow, it's Monday already?? I'm so happy it didn't start out like last Monday with no internet! Instead, sales are slowly picking up as I add more polymer stamps to the shop. It is SO gratifying to see an order come in and know I can ship it immediately, instead of mentally groaning about having another stamp to carve. You know things need to change when instead of being happy about a sale, you're cringing because the workload is almost impossible to handle. Now I can actually get excited again!! C'mon sales, keep rolling in, I need ya!!!
This week (well, it officially started this past Saturday) I committed to the hooping.org 30/30 challenge. I will be hooping for at least 30 minutes a day, every day for 30 days. Today was day three. So far, so good. I really want to complete this challenge and make hooping more of a daily practice. It'll be good for me in so many ways. Not to mention it's just a lot of fun.
Today was my "play date" day. I went to Ventura and attempted to find a letterbox, but it wasn't where the clues said it was. I spent a long time looking because I'm stubborn and I HATE it when I can't find one. Then I went to Salzer's and listened to a bunch of African drum cds, and finally bought one. I came home and hooped it up for 30 minutes and now I feel like a wet noodle. *whew*
Okay....that's all for now. Bring on the sales!!!!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I totally know what you mean about dreading the carving after a sale when you already feel completely behind.

sugarskull said...

Yup, I figured you'd know the feeling! That's why I finally had to make the switch. It's kind of life changing. :)
~Kim

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.