Thursday, January 20, 2011

wiggles, jiggles, lumps and bumps


Oops, I haven't been keeping up with my blog the way I intended. I need to go back to short daily entries. Meanwhile, the shop's been busy and the novelty of not having to carve stamps still hasn't worn off. Every sale is a "Yaaaaay!!!" moment instead of "Oh lordy, how will I ever carve all these???"
Today is day 13 of the 30/30 hoop challenge and I have hooped for at least thirty minutes every day. I love it! I think I'm going to try to keep the habit even after the challenge ends. It's just becoming part of my day. I notice I'm always in a better mood after a hoop session. I also just started going to a hoop class on Wednesdays in the park right by our house. It's good to have an instructor and other hoopers there to give feedback - all this time, I've been sort of hooping blind. There really isn't a mirror in my room large enough to see myself when I hoop and I haven't had the courage to film myself yet. Anyway - it's been great fun. I've also lost about 7 pounds, another happy side effect. :)
I'm noticing something else that hooping is doing for me. It DOES change your body if you do it regularly and vigorously, for sure. But what I've noticed has changed even more is just my own view of my body. As I push it to do new things and gain new skills, I look at it differently. The lumps and bumps, dents and flaws that I usually despise don't seem to matter quite as much. My body can do cool stuff, and that's sort of sexy. So yeah...hooping, it's a good thing all around. Ha, get it? All around??
Lots of other things have been going on - we worked the merch booth for Toad again last Friday night. This time we had dinner with them beforehand..another of those forehead smacking moments for me in terms of trying to wrap my head around becoming this familiar with my favorite band.
Okay, this entry is getting disjointed and I have a lot of things to do, so I'll end it now.
Feeling grateful lately for so many things.

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.