Saturday, February 12, 2011

nobody really nose

Alrighty, so, surgery went well. I have to say I have a really amazing plastic surgeon. This is the second surgery he's done for me, and the second time he's managed to do it without giving me black eyes! This surgery was more invasive than the last one, with him having to cut the septum for an "open" procedure, so I was expecting the worst. I woke up surprised to find myself breathing through my nose - no packing!! Usuaully with open procedures, the surgeon will pack the nose full of what are basically tampons, and you spend a week or more breathing through your mouth, totally miserable. He'd warned me he'd have to do it this time, but then he didn't!!! I was quite happy. So..I've got the stitches, splint and a faceful of tape, but at least no black eyes or torturous packing.

The day after the surgery was kind of weird - I woke up with pretty severe pain in my chest and back. It felt like all the muscles were in total spasm, as though I'd been doing crunches the entire day before or something. It was hard to breathe or move and I spent the day knocked out on codeine. It's unusual for me to use painkillers at all. I had major surgery on my spine a few years ago and never took anything stronger than Tylenol. I have no idea what that was all about...did something weird happen while I was under? Ugh, that was a bad day. By Thursday, though, I was up and about, making stamps and getting work done. I still have to take it easy and I've got a ways to go before I look normal again, but I feel much better. SO glad that's over. I hope the results are what I've been hoping for and that this is the last time anything has to be done. It's amazing what a dragged out mess that 30 second second encounter with my dog's head became.

Not much else to report. I've been making and listing quite a few new stamps, the shop is pretty busy. On Monday we should be having some silkscreens made of a few of my designs, and will start making some t-shirts!! Finally! We really, really need to get that end of the business rolling. The shop being busy is all well and good, but it doesn't pay all the bills by a long shot.
So here's to LOTS of new, sucessful business ventures and a totally healed-up, straight nose in the very near future.

No comments:

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.