Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I don't think Houston really cares....

...but we may have a problem here. I think I'm addicted to the IDEA of caffeine. Don't let the picture fool you - that was the result of a week or so of my just being too lazy to bring the cans downstairs to recycle them. Not a day's consumption. I love Diet Coke. I admit it. I've never been able to make the jump to coffee. I love the way it smells, can't stand the way it tastes. Apparently my tongue lacks the coffee-drinking-grownup-person gene. Unfortunately the rest of my body lacks the stay-awake-unassisted gene and Diet Coke is my coffee. I actually drink it with my breakfast. I probably should pour it into a coffee mug to avoid the weird looks I get when I do it around people unfamiliar with this particular quirk of mine.

The thing is, I don't think caffeine really does anything for me. I really don't feel any more awake after my morning Cokefest. If, however, I skip it (and that rarely happens..) I feel like I missed my opportunity to get a little energy boost. Is it possible to be experience a placebo..non-effect? I'm aware that whatever I'm getting out of the caffeine is mostly psychological...but because I'm AWARE of it, I'm not really getting any effect. And yet I still do it. Let's all ponder the craziness of this. I'll be right back, just need to go grab another Diet Coke.

1 comment:

Amina Technical Training Centre - Skardu said...

Good, Somthing different and amazing.

About Me

Hippieville, CA, United States
This is the story of life after losing the "real" job and the house, trying to find the middle ground between making a living and actually living.